Thursday, October 05, 2006

Word on the Street




I love to volunteer and I love to read books. So naturally one of my favorite events is Word on the Street, an annual book festival. I get to volunteer in an environment where I’m surrounded by books. At the festival there are lots of author readings and thousands of books on sale.

This year I was in the LongPen booth. All of the authors were in other countries (including the Canadian author Margaret Atwood). We were able to communicate with the authors live and the cool part is that they could sign books for fans from wherever they were. What a concept! People in remote areas will have the opportunity to see, hear and have books signed by their favourite authors. What a different age we live in.

I've included a few photos that I took while freezing my buns off in the cold....enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home