Monday, June 12, 2006

Book Expo 2006





Wow, I promised I wouldn't take a month to post. Starting today I'm going to start giving myself strict deadlines.

On Sunday I went to the Book Expo conference in downtown Toronto (part of my work). In my opinion, there isn't a better way to spend a day than looking at books, meeting authors and having them sign their books. I lost track, but I think I got about nine or 10 books signed.
I took a few pictures of the authors and few of the crowd in general. By the end of yesterday, my feet were killing me (lol) but it was all worth it. On Monday I go back to work and start ordering books which is the best part of my job.
The picture of the lovely lady is Dr. Afua Cooper, a University of Toronto professor, she's a writer, and a poet, and I love her work. I'm currently reading her latest book The hanging of Angelique
The gentleman at the top is from a cooking show called 'License to Grill'. I waited in line over a half an hour to get my book signed by him but it was worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home